Located in Peniche, the SCHOOL OF TOURISM AND MARITIME TECHNOLOGY (ESTM) of the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria (IPL) has the following eight Undergraduate degrees:
* Biotechnology and Marine Biology
* Leisure Management and Business Tourism
* Tourism and Hotel Management
* Restaurant Industry and Catering
Besides the Undergraduate degrees, ESTM also provides six Master degrees:
* Biotechnology of Marine Resources
* Quality Management and Food Safety
* Marketing and Tourism Promotion
* Management and Sustainability in Tourism
* Hotel Management and Administration
ESTM is installed in a modern and well equipped Educational Building, whose location near Cape Carvoeiro in Peniche, with Berlengas Islands as a background, brings out the sea as brand image and support of this School's identity.
Of the existent support infrastructures we highlight the bar, the canteen, the computer study room, the reading room, the copy centre and the offices of medical and psychological support. The Social Services of IPL still have two student residences in Peniche with a capacity of 85 beds.
ESTM hosts the following research units:
* Marine Resources Research Unit (GIRM), which develops its activity of R&D in the field of marine resources and marine biotechnology;
* Tourism Research Unit (GITUR), which develops its activity of R&D in the field of tourism.
ESTM currently has over 1,300 students, coming from different regions of the continent, islands and Portuguese-speaking countries, who have chosen to pursue their higher education in this Higher School of Peniche.
The faculty of ESTM is composed of 123 teachers, 40 of whom hold a doctorate degree and another 35 are attending Ph.D. programmes, which constitutes a solid guarantee of the quality of education offered by this Institution.